Sunday, February 3, 2013

crown of roses


shattered glass
and smashed porcelain,
my face, cracked,
heart in smithereens.
i wore a crown upon my head.
a crown of roses with
thorns that pricked.
and i bled.
a crown that adorned
an empty core,
 because you stole my soul
and left me in sorrow.
i was a work of art,
of tears and blood
that trickled down
and stained my cheeks.
these roses you left me
i treasured dearly,
but these blood red petals,
they wither, they die,
and still i continued to bleed.

this week had been an emotional roller-coaster for me, but i'm so glad it's over now or at least i'm trying to move on. wrote a poem and shot a photo inspired by it, which kind of describes the state of mind i'm in right now. it's neither a good poem nor a good photo but yeaa i've been really really tired lately. just had a photoshoot for the play i'm directing/acting in, so that will be up soon once it's ready. but till then do note down the dates 8th or 9th march and come down to support us! have a great week ahead, stuff yourselves with reunion dinners and have a happy chinese new year~



No comments:

Post a Comment